PA Law – Camp Staff Counselor in Training and Volunteer

[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern” css=”.vc_custom_1459970691507{margin-bottom: 30px !important;}”][vc_column][vc_column_text]

As an employee of Cradle of Liberty Council – Camp Staff Counselor in Training(CIT) and Volunteers, you are required by law to secure and provide the following clearances to

Cradle of Liberty Council:


  1. Report of Criminal History from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), (free after 7/25/15)
  2. Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services, (free after 7/25/15),
  3. Fingerprint based FBI Criminal History Clearance submitted through the Department of Human Services, $27.50,


Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. How long are my previous clearances good for?

A. Clearances are valid for 60 months (5 years) following the disseminated date noted on each clearance.

Q. How long does it take the Commonwealth to process the clearances?

A. Some of the clearances come back within a few minutes, however some may take as long as 4-6 weeks.

Q. What is the timeline to provide the clearances to Cradle of Liberty Council?

A. To be current, as per Pennsylvania law, all existing volunteers must secure their new clearances prior to the expiration date to continue their volunteer role.

Q. How to Submit Clearances to Cradle of Liberty Council?

A. Camp Staff – Counselor in Training: You submit the originals into their Workbright account.  Please include with your camp staff paperwork.


According to PA state law, we can only accept a handwritten “wet” signature or a registered digital signature.  If you are unable to print or scan this document, you can download and use the free version of Adobe Acrobat to obtain a registered digital signature.


Resources for further information:

  1. Pennsylvania Website on Child Protection:
  2. Pennsylvania Volunteer FAQ:
  3. Pennsylvania Mandated Reporter FAQ:


Any questions or issues please email or call (484) 654-9214[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]