The annual Friends of Scouting campaign provides Scouters, parents, alumni, businesses, and community members with an opportunity to support the programs and facilities of the Cradle of Liberty Council.
The true cost of Scouting is much greater than what local dues or event and camping fees cover. Yearly registration fees directly support the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America and help provide program development and research, literature and other resources. The Friends of Scouting Campaign gives individuals and businesses the opportunity to contribute to the Cradle of Liberty Council at a level of their own choosing according to their interest and ability to give.
Your Friends of Scouting Contribution Helps To:
- Keep camp and activity fees affordable for all families
- Offer support and training for thousands of volunteer leaders who make the program possible
- Provide camp scholarships for youth needing assistance
- Make Scouting possible for thousands of at-risk youth
- Give a safe and fun experience with insurance for Scouting activities
- Ensure a trained and dedicated professional staff
- Maintain camp properties
Schedule Your Unit’s 2020 Friends of Scouting Presentation
This form is to be completed by unit Friends of Scouting coordinators, unit committee chairs or unit leaders only. Please select a meeting well-attended by families in your unit, preferably in the months of January, February, March, or April. Please publicize the meeting so families know about the Friends of Scouting program. If you have questions, please contact your district Family Friends of Scouting chair or district professional.